Sports cars have always been chosen primarily for driving pleasure. Morgans in particular give the thrill of both stunning head turning looks and wind in the hair driving. Most Morgans are modified to individual taste, even from new. Many are modified for more performance and improved handling to enhance their driving pleasure or to enable competition. Sprints, hillclimbs, circuit racing, production car trials, autotest, track days and even concours events are all possible in a Morgan you can use as daily transport too.
There are many members of the MSCC who like to emphasise the “sports car” nature of their Morgan’s and enjoy their cars for the fun of driving. Obviously, this also includes many competitors in race and speed championships. Interestingly, and sadly, some of the latter are only MSCC members because of competition. So SportsMog was formed in May 2016 as a new national centre based around the general principle of the "sports car" and driving pleasure Morgan ownership.
SportsMog aims to:
- Act as the natural supporters club for the AR Motorsport Morgan Challenge and the MSCC Techniques SpeedMog Championship
- Organise group bookings for hill climb school days and circuit track days
- Marshal at the MSCC Club Sprint and Taster Day and motoring trials
- Organise and volunteer at Club events, such as the Club AutoSolo
- Organise group visits to motorsport teams and factories
- Arrange driving trips within the UK and overseas
- Hold Noggins at Morgan and general historic race and hill climb meetings
- Host talks from guest speakers
- Share knowledge on tuning and modifying Morgans
To join SportsMog centre click here to download a membership form. Please send back to the address on the form.